Tuesday, November 20, 2012

This and That

Don't all die of shock since I'm posting two times in one week. It's just that I have some fun things I want to share. Music, please!

*My friend Stasia Kehoe has exciting news. She has another book deal! I'm so happy for her! Congratulations to Stasia!


*SCBWI Western Washington had a Kid Lit Drink Night on Friday. It was a rainy night, but those of us who went had a really nice time.


front row: Kevan Atteberry
back row: Margaret Nevinski, me, Rowena Russell, Andrea Lawson, Christina Wilsdon, and Jennifer Mann

Kevan is not a camera hog, leaping in front of everyone else! Jen Photoshopped him in because we didn't think to pull out cameras until he'd already left. Personally, I think the Photoshopping makes the picture so much better!


*Have you seen the Dora the Explorer movie trailer by CollegeHumor.com? Wee-hee-hee!


*Writer-friend Barb Davis-Pyles has a fun blog called The Mind's Elbow. If you haven't discovered it yet, I recommend you check it out!


*This Thursday, Thistle and Pepper will turn eight years old!


Pepper and Thistle

In honor of Thistle and Pepper, people all across the United States will gather with family and friends on November 22, celebrating. Obscene amounts of food will be consumed, and there is going to be a huge parade in New York City--and Santa will be there!

(Okay, I admit it might not be all about Pepper and Thistle. Just don't tell them that.)


Happy Thanksgiving!

11 comments:

Steven J. Wangsness said...

Congrats to Stasie. Have a great Thanksgiving. Try to stay dry!

Dawn Simon said...

Thanks, Steven! Holy smokes, can you believe this rain? I hope you stay dry as well, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

The Pen and Ink Blog said...

It's not about Pepper and Thistle? Well...drat. Happy Thanksgiving.

Stasia said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Dawn! Happy B'day to T & P and hope your whole family (furry and otherwise) has a very Happy Thanksgiving :)

C.S. Severe said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'll be sure to check out The Mind's Elbow!

~CSS

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Boy, I really want photoshop now. How much fun would it be to put someof your favorite writer, actors or singers in a photo with you. :)

Susan Fields said...

No, no, it's definitely Thistle and Pepper Day - no doubt about it. :)

Congrats to Stasia!

Medeia Sharif said...

Congrats to Stasia.

I thought something was wrong with that photo. ;)

Barb Davis-Pyles said...

How did I miss this?? Thanks so much, Dawn, for mentioning my crazy little blog! I hope the P&T birthday celebration was fantastic! I know we ate a TON of food in their honor (even the cats proposed a toast -- totally out of character, by the way -- they MUST be a couple of awesome dogs!).

Faith Pray said...

Heee hee! Happy birthday, Pepper and Thistle! I love the photo-shopped portrait, and wish I'd been able to join you guys that rainy night. I'm happy about all the exciting news. You do such a nice job of keeping us up on the writerly news! Hugs, Dawn!

Dawn Simon said...

Thank you for all the sweet comments!