Sunday, February 5, 2012

This and That

Every now and then I like to do a post that's a mix of news and other interesting items I want to share. Today is one of those days! Are you ready?

*
Stephanie Thornton signed with agent Marlene Stringer of the Stringer Literary Agency. Congratulations, Stephanie!! You can read her happy news here!

*Publishers Weekly had an article about Barnes & Noble's recent announcement: B&N won't be stocking Amazon-published titles. Another PW article by Marc Schultz soon followed, saying, "This has all happened before."

*The Intern posted an eye-opening e-mail from an editorial assistant,
cautioning unagented writers. It echoes a super informative post by Editorial Ass that I linked to a while back.

*
Susan Fields pointed out a new site that's worth visiting. It's called Cupid's Literary Connection, and it's a blog "where an undercover cupid brings writers and agents together to form magical literary connections."

*The Intern had another post you won't want to miss,
Dinner with Literary Agents. It's excellent, really.

*Looking for a blog that's filled with warmth, positivity, and creativity?
Faith Pray's blog is one of the coziest corners of the Internet! Faith is a writer, an artist, and an amazing parent. I was lucky to get to meet her in person last year! She's a sweetheart! If you have not yet discovered her blog, go check it out!

How about you? Do you have anything you'd like to share?
Tell me, tell me, tell me!

13 comments:

storyqueen said...

Thanks for the links, Dawn! So happy for Stephanie!!

Shelley

Stephanie Thornton said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Dawn! That's very sweet!

And thank you for the links. I'm off to check some out--the last two weeks have been crazy so I feel pretty out of the loop!

Donna Hosie said...

Interesting links; I always love The Intern!

Laura Pauling said...

I found most of those links - thanks! It's interesting watching the battle between the big companies. I guess it's pretty normal though. I don't know why they all have to try and shut each other down. I want them all to be around and exist!

Steven J. Wangsness said...

Hi, Dawn. You know me as Travener but I came out as myself when I finally put my mystery novel "Tainted Souls" up on Kindle and at Smashwords. Don't know if you got the word on that, because I don't thik I had your email. Anyway, hope you'll drop by the new blog -- sjwangsness.blogspot.com -- and that you get a chance to take a look at the book. Meanwhile, I'll start following you as me, not my alter ego....

Dawn Simon said...

Shelley, I'm so happy for her, too!

You're welcome, Stephanie! Congrats again! Woo-hoo! :)

Donna, I'm also a fan! She's funny and intelligent.

Laura, that would be nice, wouldn't it? By the way, I like your profile pic!

Hi, Steven! Nice to meet you! Congrats on getting your book out there. I wish you luck with it! :)

Dawn Simon said...

P.S. - Steven, it's cool that you've told us all your real name!

Susan Fields said...

Thanks for the links, and for helping spread the word about Cupid!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I'd seen most of the links, except for the unagented writers one.

Cupid's Literary Connection is very cool.

Jackee said...

Great links! Thanks for posting them, Dawn. :o) I'm always glad to see new sweet corners of the internet coming through.

Medeia Sharif said...

Thank you for these links, Dawn. They all seem worthwhile, so I'll check them out. :)

Faith Pray said...

Thank you so much for the happy blog words, Dawn! I feel so lucky to get to see my name up there! Thank you, thank you! I love this idea of having a post styled as a news update. Very cool!

Dawn Simon said...

Susan, you're welcome! I'm cheering you on!

Stina, do you mean Susan's? Susan is a class act! :) We met online through Mark V's Skype call, and I really like her! I bet you'll enjoy her blog, too!

Hi, Jackee! I am, too!

Hi, Medeia! :)

Faith, you are so sweet! I always appreciate your thoughts and your energy. <3