Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cool Things I've Seen in the Last Two Weeks

1. This bulletin board was hanging in the children's section of a local library.


I don't know how well you can see it, but written across the top are the words "The best book I read this summer was . . ." Look at all that writing! I love it!


While I was there, a little boy added
THE SON OF NEPTUNE. It was adorable to watch!


2. My husband and I were at the grocery store selecting a movie, and we spotted ON STRIKE FOR CHRISTMAS!



This was exciting because it's a
movie based on a book by my writing mentor of six years, Sheila Roberts! It was made into a movie last year for the Lifetime Movie Network, but I didn't expect to see it on the shelf at Safeway. Go, Sheila!



3. I received an e-mail from Janet Johnson telling me I won a copy of THE LIAR SOCIETY by Lisa and Laura Roecker! Yay! Thank you, Janet! :)



4. I walked downstairs and found the world's longest dog!



Okay, now I'm messing around. I just wanted to have more than three cool things on my list. That's Thistle's head and Pepper's . . . um . . . hindquarters. They're demonstrating one of the many ways they share their new blanket.


What cool things have you seen lately, bloggy friends? Tell me, tell me, tell me!

13 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

Unfortuantely, I've had my head in writing so haven't seen anything lately.

Happy Halloween!

Anne Gallagher said...

But you know what, I think that bulletin board was the coolest!

Jemi Fraser said...

Love the bulletin board!!!

Hmmm... the coolest thing I've seen lately is the kids in my class drooling over the books I got in the latest book order! It's so much fun when they come in!

Dawn Simon said...

Anne, it's great that you're working hard. Yeah, I love that so many kids took the time to write down their favorite books! Happy Halloween to you, too!

Hi, Jemi! Ooh, book order days are super fun! That is really neat to see!

Paul Greci said...

Those are cool things!!
I saw some cool Halloween costumes at school yesterday!! :-0

Jess said...

Love the dog photo! I saw a lot of spooky and silly Halloween costumes yesterday afternoon/evening. My 2-year-old saw a boy in a Cars costume and told him, "Wow! That's pretty scary." Then she saw his friend, a Star Wars guy, and said, "That's pretty scary, too!" Then she screamed and ran to the next house. It was adorable :)

Jess said...

And I'm so glad you shared that bulletin board!

Medeia Sharif said...

Those dogs almost tricked me, lol.

So many good things here. There isn't much going on with me. Day job and writing, pretty much.

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Your dogs are the cutest!

Well, I've watched some pretty good sunrises lately. Does that count? :)

Amy

Dawn Simon said...

Paul, I bet you did! I love being at a school on Halloween!

Jess, your daughter sounds adorable!

Medeia, those tricky dogs... ;) You have a lot going on with teaching and writing!

Thanks, Amy! Yes, sunrises totally count! :)

Robert Guthrie said...

Your post of "The best book I read this summer" comes pretty close. Thank you!

Carol Riggs said...

Haha, love the dog pic, and also the reading board is a GREAT idea. I think all bookstores or libraries should have one of those. ;o) Congrats on your book win!--I'd like to read that too!!

Philip Verghese'Ariel' said...

Hi Dawn,
Very interesting pieces here
pics are lovely too
Well narrated incidents
Would like to join in
Keep inform
Best regards
Phil