Saturday, July 30, 2011

L.A. Bound


Who else is going to the SCBWI Summer Conference? Can you believe it's been a full year since the last one? Dang, the past twelve months have flown by!


In 2010,
Molly Hall and I shared "Molly and Dawn's Excellent Adventure," a series of posts about our experiences at our first L.A. conference. What will we do this year? "Molly and Dawn's
Second Excellent Adventure." (Ooh, see how creative we were with the title?!)

It will be so fun!
If you can make it to the conference, flag us down and say hi! If you can't make the trek to L.A. this year, we'll share our view of it at our joint blog party-palooza! We'll each have conference highlights and a book giveaway! Of course, nobody covers a conference like SCBWI Team Blog.

In the meantime...I'm so excited about the conference. Plus I've had too much caffeine. What to do?


I know! Let's dance!


Today's theme music is brought to you by Starbucks!




Party on!


Note: I won't be posting next weekend, but I will the following week!

10 comments:

Suma Subramaniam said...

I'll be missing the conference. Im going to the PNWA. I will be rooting for you there:-)

Good luck with the LA and bring us exciting news :-)

Nice video Dawn!

Best,
Suma.

chasing empty pavements said...

Ahh! Im jealous you get to go the that conference. No good conferences ever come to Iowa! Btw, LOVE that music video. Doesnt it just make you want to dance?

Angelina C. Hansen said...

See you there!

Rachel Searles said...

I'll be there! Soooo excited! I will keep an eye out for you :)

Medeia Sharif said...

I'll be leaving in a few days. I'm thrilled to go. I'll see you and so many others there.

Dawn Simon said...

Thank you, Suma! The PNWA conference will be great, too! I remember you and I first met at a PNWA conference! :) Martha S. introduced us! This year's format sounds extra cool. It was such a hard choice, deciding which conference to attend. I wonder if you'll sign up to speed pitch!

Chasing Empty Pavements, I feel really lucky to get to go! Yes, that video totally makes me want to dance!

Angelina, woo-hoo!

Rachel, yay! I'll keep an eye out for you, too! :)

Medeia, I can't wait to meet you in person! I may carry your book with me so I can get it signed! :)

Michelle said...

enjoy your conference xxx

Maeve Frazier said...

I'll be missing the conference. Hope you will fill us all in when you are ready.

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Have a great time! I wish I could be with you guys again this year. Maybe next year. :)

Amy

Dawn Simon said...

Thanks, Michelle!

Maeve, I'll definitely post about it!

Oh, Amy, I wish you could! Yes, maybe next year!