Friday, June 10, 2011

PNWA Literary Contest + a few links

I'm a finalist in the 2011 Pacific Northwest Writers Association Literary Contest! I'm super excited. I entered the young adult novel I plan to begin querying agents with this summer. Contest winners will be announced in August. Congrats to the other finalists, including--your friend and mine--Mr. Paul Greci! (Yay, Paul!)


Links to Make You Thinks

*
PW had an interesting article with children's book news from BEA 2011. Ooh, so many great books, bloggy friends! Lots to look forward to!

*Have you heard about
Unbridled's 25 books for 25 cents? While it only runs from June 9th - June 11th, you can show your indie love anytime by purchasing your e-books from an independent bookstore.

*There's been a lively debate about YA this week that began with a
Wall Street Journal article. Read about it here in the PW article "Are Teen Novels Dark and Depraved--or Saving Lives?"


That's it from me this week! In the comments, how about if you share what you're currently reading? That's always fun!

17 comments:

Stephanie Thornton said...

Congrats on being a finalist--that's totally awesome!

Anita Saxena said...

Congratulations! That's very exciting!

Angelina C. Hansen said...

Congratulations, Dawn! Best wishes to you on both the contest and agent quest. I look forward to learning about your good news.

Angelina C. Hansen said...

Oops. Forgot to share what I'm reading.
Alexa Martin's GIRL WONDER
Jenny Han's WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE SUMMER
Jessi Kirby's MOONGLASS

Marsha Sigman said...

Congrats to you! That is great news!

In a few hours I am going to be reading Possession by Elana Johnson.

Travener said...

Totally 100 percent cool, Dawn! Good luck!

Medeia Sharif said...

I'm reading Lauren Myracle's Shine.

Thanks for the links.

Have a great weekend.

Kari Marie said...

Congratulations on being a finalist! How exciting. I have an award on my blog for you today. :)

Faith Pray said...

Yay, Dawn! Good luck! How exciting!

Dawn Simon said...

Thanks for the nice comments. Bloggy friends rock. :)

paulgreci said...

Congrats, Dawn!! And thanks for the mention!!

Donna K. Weaver said...

That's so exciting for you. Congrats!

Jennifer Shirk said...

WOW, mega congrats!!!

Suma Subramaniam said...

Dawn! Congratulations! Im so excited for you. Are you going to be there at the conference?

Best,
Suma.

Dawn Simon said...

Aw, you guys are kind.

Suma, we met at a PNWA conference! Remember? Martha S. introduced us. In answer to your question, I won't be there. I had a tough time deciding between the PNWA conference and the SCBWI conference--they're the same weekend! This time, I'm hitting SCBWI. PNWA has a great lineup, though. I'm bummed I'm missing it.

Maeve Frazier said...

Congratulations and best of luck. I enjoyed reading your blog.

Dawn Simon said...

Thank you, Maeve!