Saturday, March 5, 2011

Winner of THE FOREST FOR THE TREES: AN EDITOR'S ADVICE TO WRITERS



We have a winner! I did my drawing old school, pulling a name from a bowl. Actually, I asked my husband to draw the name so I could take a picture and bring the drama to you, bloggy friends o' mine. Yes, nothing is too good for you people.


Here's Jim, picking a name...



The winner is:
STEPHANIE THORNTON!

Congrats, Stephanie! E-mail me with your address, and I'll get the book out right away!


THANK YOU
to all who entered. I wish I had a book for everyone. You guys rock.


On a separate note, it has been a long time since my buddy Debra has made an appearance at my blog. (There's a photo of us sledding on
this post.) While Debra is not pursuing a writing career, she understands the writers' journey through years of listening, encouraging, cheering, and just being there.

She and I went out last night to celebrate her birthday, and we had a blast!



Happy birthday, Debra! I love ya!

In the comments, tell me about someone who supports you on your journey.

9 comments:

Stephanie Thornton said...

Yahoo! I'm headed out on vacation tonight and now I'll have something to look forward to when I get back- I really wanted this one.

Thanks so much for the contest!

Nicole MacDonald said...

Woo congrats to Stephanie :) And happy birthday Debra!

The Arrival, on Amazon now
www.damselinadirtydress.com

Medeia Sharif said...

Congrats, Stephanie.

Happy birthday, Debra!

My crit group supports me on my journey.

Dawn Simon said...

Congrats, Stephanie! I'll get the book in Monday's mail!

Hi, Nicole! You're sweet!

Medeia, yay for your critique group! My critique partners are awesome too. What would I do without them? Ah! I don't want to know!

Suma Subramaniam said...

Congrats Stephanie!! Happy Birthday Debra! Its so cool to have a friend who is a great supporter of your writing journey.

There are many people who support me on mine, why don't I start with my family:-)

Best,
Suma.

Susan Fields said...

I love the picture of your husband - he looks like a great guy! And happy birthday to Debra. I just did a post last week about how my mom supports me on my journey - I'm so lucky to have her cheering in my corner!

Solvang Sherrie said...

Happy birthday! My kids are probably my biggest supporters, which is cool since I write as much for them as I do for me. They love to hear what I've written and they aren't afraid to tell me when it sucks :)

Robert Guthrie said...

Supporting my journey? Thank you MUSE who doesn't see my writing but knows me and encourages me. And THANK YOU crit partners who move beyond crit to "hurry up and get it out there!"

Dawn Simon said...

Suma, I'm glad you have lots of support! Family is a great place to start! I'm super grateful for mine too.

Thanks, Susan! Yes, he is! I'm behind on blog reading. I'll check out the post!

Sherrie, kids are priceless with feedback/ideas, especially since we write for them!

Robert, yay for your muse! It's exciting about your crit partners! I wish you lots of luck!