Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Cover of Stasia Ward Kehoe's AUDITION

Last year, I wrote a post about a manuscript I'd read for a friend that truly inspired me as a writer. I later posted when that manuscript sold, and I told you the name of the manuscript was AUDITION and the author was Stasia Ward Kehoe.

Now AUDITION has a cover! Wee-haw!



(AUDITION coming from Viking in October 2011)

Isn't it beautiful? Here's the blurb:


Once you've been chosen, what step should you take?


Seventeen-year-old Sara's dream of becoming a star ballerina is challenged when she falls for Remington, an older choreographer. Instead of success onstage, she becomes Rem's muse, which is a future she never considered--and one that threatens to break her heart.



Congrats, Stasia! So exciting! I can't wait until it's out and I can hold a copy in my hands!


* * *

Reminder: my THE FOREST FOR THE TREES giveaway ends Friday, March 4, at 11:59 p.m. PST. If you'd like to enter between now and then, check out the last post!

8 comments:

Robert Guthrie said...

So cool, being able to follow a project through the process.

Jennifer Hillier said...

Now that's a great cover! Love it. Huge congratulations to Stasia.

Stasia said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Dawn! It's been fun sharing this journey with you and thanks, so much, for all the encouragement, support and careful reading of the ms you've give me. You rock! Hugs :)

Solvang Sherrie said...

Great cover! And how fun that you've watched this novel take shape from the beginning. Very cool for you and your friend.

Dawn Simon said...

Robert, yes! It's definitely cool! Even though I'm on the sidelines, I feel like a proud auntie. :)

Jennifer, I love the cover too!

Stasia, thank YOU! It's been a blast! Here's to more years of sharing the journey! *clink*

Sherrie, you totally get it! It's inspiring! In addition to being kind and a lovely person, Stasia is super talented and a hard worker. She deserves her success, and I'm so happy for her.

Michelle said...

Love the cover... the blurb sounds great... looking forward to reading it!

Susan Fields said...

Congratulations to Stasia! What a great cover - she must be so excited!

Medeia Sharif said...

I love the cover! Congrats to Stasia.