Saturday, February 12, 2011

Congratulations, Elsa!

Elsa Watson has a new book coming out in May 2012. It's called DOG DAYS.

Here's the
Publishers Weekly blurb:

Elsa Watson's DOG DAYS, pitched as a Freaky Friday story with a canine twist in which a small town cafe owner is struck by lightning and switches bodies with the lost dog following her, then must struggle with her new canine instincts to overcome her fear of dogs and learn how to live and love with the carefree perspective of a dog, to
Kristin Sevick at Tor, in a two-book deal, for publication in Spring 2012, by Kevan Lyon at Marsal Lyon Literary Agency (World English).



photo of Elsa and her dog, Lucky, by Susan Wiggs

* * *

When I read Elsa's first book, MAID MARIAN, I'd never met her. I'd read a newspaper article about her that said she was a local writer, and it gave a description of her book. Intrigued by the premise, I bought the book and loved it.

I eventually got to know Elsa through
Field's End and mutual friends. She is such a sweet person! I feel fortunate to have her as a buddy. She's super intelligent, kind-hearted, and--did you guess?--a dog lover.

For those of you who are also dog lovers, here's how Elsa pictures Zoe.




Zoe, by the way, is a white German sheperd. Isn't she a beauty?



Congratulations, Elsa! I'm so excited for you!

21 comments:

TerryLynnJohnson said...

WOW! Great premise! Thanks for the heads up on a fantastic new DOG book!

Lydia Sharp said...

Congrats! That sounds like a fun read. :)

Stasia said...

Gorgeous dog, and sounds like an awesome story! Congrats, Elsa & nice to see you blogging, Dawn!

Terri Tiffany said...

Congrats to your friend! AND that you were able to read her book and then meet her! That makes it even better.

Dawn Simon said...

Terry, I thought of you and your book after I wrote this post. DOGSLED DREAMS is on my hit list! I look forward to reading it!

Hi, Lydia! :)

Thanks, Stasia! It's great to be back!

Terri, it was really neat. I knew I loved her writing before I found out what a great person she is.

West Sound Wildlife Shelter said...

Dawn, thank you so much, you sweetie, you! This is SO nice -- I had Lucky come over and look at the screen too so he could see his picture. (Okay, of course I'm not sure he SAW it, but he kindly pretended to look and acted impressed.)

And Dawn, I can't wait to read your new book!!! Hope it's going well, humming right along, and let me say once again that I'd be delighted to be a reader any time you could use one. Any time at all!

Terry, I'm going to look for Dogsled Dreams - sounds like it's right up my alley.

Isn't Dawn the best? Yeah, she soooo IS! :)

West Sound Wildlife Shelter said...

Well, isn't that funny -- I thought I was signed in as myself but I'm clearly signed in as the Shelter! Oops. Well, since I'm too clueless to be able to fix it, I'll just sign this time.

:) Elsa Watson

Dawn Simon said...

Aw, Elsa. You're awesome. Thank you. <3

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Sounds like a fun book. Congratulations, Elsa!

Amy

Laura Pauling said...

Sounds like a fun book. Freaky Friday but with a dog. :)

Susan R. Mills said...

Sounds like a great book! Congrats to Elsa!

Margaret Nevinski said...

Congratulations to Elsa! I can't wait to read DOG DAYS. I'm a sucker for books about animals (I loved THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN), and the premise of Elsa's book sounds great. Zoe is beautiful!

Dawn Simon said...

Thanks for all the nice comments. :)

Susan Fields said...

Congratulations to Elsa - what exciting news! And yes, that white German Shepherd is gorgeous!

WritingNut said...

Congratulations to Elsa - that's wonderful news! :)

Suma Subramaniam said...

Congratulations Elsa! Dawn, Thank you for the wonderful introduction to a great forthcoming read:-)

Medeia Sharif said...

Congrats, Elsa.

Sounds like a fun, interesting novel.

Robert Guthrie said...

Major congrats, Elsa. Sounds great. Now I've got a birthday present for a niece who plans on majoring on animal behavior next year at college. Thanks!

Paul Greci said...

Congrats Elsa!! Sounds like a cool premise!!

Medeia Sharif said...

I returned to tell you I have a blog award for you.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Dog Days sounds wonderful! Lovely photos of Zoe too. :)