Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Awards

I've been sitting on some blog awards from really nice bloggers, and it's time I pass them to others.

Thank you,
Hema, for this one.



Hema and I "met" through last year's Mark McVeigh Skype chat. While we haven't met in person, I feel like we have! Hema is very thoughtful, and I always enjoy visiting her blog.



"The Versatile Blogger Award" is from
Amy Sonnichsen.



My beautiful friend
Molly Hall introduced us at the SCBWI Summer Conference in L.A. last year, and I'm so glad she did. Amy is so much fun, and she can out-dance me any day--even when she's pregnant.


Catherine Ensley gave me the "Stylish Blogger Award."



Thanks, Catherine! Catherine is a children's librarian and a writer. She and I hope to meet at this year's SCBWI WWA conference.



Medeia Sharif allowed her award recipients to select one of four awards. I picked this one, the "I am One Citrusy Blogger Award."



Isn't
it cute and all retro? I figured it could simultaneously jazz up my sidebar and help me prevent scurvy. Hee!

Thank you, Medeia! Medeia
reads books at super human speed, and she has a great blog. She'll debut this summer with her novel BESTEST. RAMADAN. EVER. It's being published by Flux. Medeia, I hope to see you at a conference in the near future!


I'm supposed to tell seven things about myself. Hmm, let's see...


1. I had over six inches cut off my hair a couple weeks ago.


2. I love playing Xbox 360 (or as you hip people might call it, X360) games with my husband and kids even though I'm the worst player in the family.
I'm getting better, though! I haven't given up, family members o' mine! Mwa-ha-ha! (Trust me. They aren't scared.)

3. My daughter and I are addicted to MAD MEN, though we're seasons behind everyone else. Please don't tell me anything! No spoilers! I want to be surprised!


4. I'm slow when it comes to passing blog awards. Obviously.


5. I love Thai food.


6. My husband bought me new work shoes in November.



Soccer players need cleats, ballerinas need tutus, swimmers need Speedos, and I need slippers. Okay,
need is a big word; let's just say I want slippers when I'm writing at home.

7. Some friends and I heard
Jonathan Evison speak last week, and he was super interesting--and funny. Now I want to read WEST OF HERE.


(left to right: me, Margaret Trent, Jonathan Evison, Martha Schoemaker)

I'm going to copy the lovely Medeia and say everyone who commented on my last post gets an award. Well, everyone who commented but didn't pass me one of the above awards. Otherwise it might start to feel like award volleyball. You choose which award you want! So congratulations to TerryLynnJohnson, Lydia Sharp, Stasia, Terri Tiffany, Laura Pauling, Susan R. Mills, Margaret Nevinski, Susan Fields, WritingNut, Suma Subramaniam, Robert Guthrie, Paul Greci, and Sharon K. Mayhew! If you choose "The Versatile Blogger Award" or the "Stylish Blogger Award," you're supposed to list seven things about yourself. Of course, no blog police will come and arrest you if you choose to not list seven things. I'm just saying.

Two more things!
1. Children's book editor and writer
Nina Hess is blogging! She's super smart and a sweetie, so check out her blog!
2. I'm so happy to now have 200 followers, thanks to you fabulous people who have clicked the follow button! I'll do something special for you with my next post!

15 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

Congrats on the all the awards and for passing it on. I'm slow on awards too. And congrats on reaching 200. I just did recently too. We're like eye and eye!

Lydia Sharp said...

Big CONGRATS and thank you!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

thank you so much for this awesome award! And congrats on 200! I can see why. Great blog!

7 true things about me
1. I'm afraid of the dark
2. I sometimes like dogs more than people
3. I can't listen to music and write at the same time
4. Some of my favourite things in the world are slipping into fresh bedsheets, the smell of rain in the woods, and snowshoeing
5. Holy crap, this is a long list and I'm worried you're getting bored
6. I say Holy Crap a LOT
7. I once chased a bear with a chainsaw while naked.

Dawn Simon said...

You guys are fun! :)

Terry, great list--not at all boring! I'm so curious about the bear/chainsaw/naked story! Holy crap! ;)

Susan Fields said...

Congrats on the awards and on 200+ followers, and thanks for passing one on to me! And I love your work shoes! :)

Terri Tiffany said...

Thank you and wow--you sure received some nice awards. Love the picture and your hair looks nice shorter.
And your husband got you some awesome slippers--I could use some like that here on our cold Fl days.

Paul Greci said...

Congrats, Dawn!! And Thanks!!
Thai food and slipppers. Those are two of my favorite things :-)

Stasia said...

Totally love XBox 360, too. Play it with my 5-year-old and he sometimes schools me in soccer :)

Margaret Nevinski said...

Thanks for the award, Dawn! I feel like I'm at the Academy Awards. "I'd like to thank......." I think the Versatile Blogger award looks pretty cool, and it reminds me of spring, something we very much need today on Bainbridge Island because it is hailing!!! Dawn, I also liked your slippers. I got a pair of Keens slippers for my birthday and they are a writer's best friend. My feet feel all nice and cozy while I revise my chapters.

Hema P. said...

Thanks for your kind words about my blog, Dawn! And, yes, I feel like I've met you in person, too, and I always enjoy my visits to your blog. Congratulations on all the deserving awards. :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations on having 200 followers, Dawn and a ton of awards! I love it when people share things about themselves. :) I adore your work shoes. I think I'm going to request some for Mother's day. :)

Robert Guthrie said...

Congrats, Dawn! And thank you. I very much get the feeling that this is a good karma corner of the web.

Something about me - I almost always begin the day writing 2 hrs. If I don't I can tell throughout the day. As much as when I skip meditation.

Dawn Simon said...

Thanks for all the nice comments! Have a great weekend! :)

WritingNut said...

Thank you so much Dawn (and apologies for taking so long to get here!)... and congratulations to you! :)

I love Thai food too :D

Suma Subramaniam said...

Congrats on the awards and I love your shoes Dawn! Thank you for mine:-) You are a great supporter!

Best,
Suma.