Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blog-cation

I'm taking a blog break until after the holidays so I can put all my creative energy into my WIP. It feels a little weird, stepping away from the blogosphere for so long. I love interacting with you guys and discussing books, progress, and how each of us tackles our own writing journey. I learn from your posts and your comments, and it makes a solitary pursuit feel more like a group effort.

That said, I'm excited about my blog-cation. I'm on fire about my current project, and I crave being immersed in it with fewer distractions. I feel like I'm climbing into a cocoo
n with my manuscript, and when I emerge, I'll be holding a butterfly. Of course, there are no guarantees so I could come out with a pterodactyl growing out of my ear. But let's hope not. Let's hope for a butterfly.

When I return, I'll want to hear everyone's good news. In the m
eantime, I'm wishing all of you happy writing. Here's to beautiful butterflies for all of us--unless, of course, you're writing a dinosaur book. If that's the case, I wish you dozens of pterodactyls.

See you in 2011!


21 comments:

Niki said...

I'll miss you :o( All the best with your butterfly :o) Take care XXXXOOOXXXX

KarenG said...

Until after the HOLIDAYS?? Do you realize how long this will be without blogging? I can't even go 3 days w/o checking blogs, commenting, planning my next post. Whew! I admire your tenacity and wish you the best with your wip! Awesome. I'll expect a full report when you return!

storyqueen said...

Good luck!

Wishing you the most beautiful wings in the world!

Shelley

Michelle said...

I'm just stepping back after a long break... enjoy your time away :)

Solvang Sherrie said...

That's a LONG break! Hope you get lots done. Enjoy!

Susan R. Mills said...

You'll be missed, but please make the most of your break. Enjoy it, and get lots of writing done!

Hema P. said...

Good luck, Dawn! Happy writing!!

Phoenix said...

Have fun on your blogcation and make sure you get some rest in between working to climb out of your cocoon :)

PS I love butterflies but isn't it the Pterodactyls in life that make things more interesting? ;)

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Have a great break! You deserve it!

Molly Hall said...

Dawn, You are doing the right thing! We'll all be here when you get back. Have fun diving into your story world and enjoy every minute of it. I recently read in that Eric Maisel book about the beauty of solitude and "being with your art". It is one of the most sacred and special parts of being a writer, that closeness with our work. Can't wait to see what blooms out of your cocoon. With love and belief in what you're doing,
Molly

Medeia Sharif said...

Enjoy your break. Do come back to us. :)

Slamdunk said...

I hope you enjoy your time away Dawn.

Dawn Simon said...

You guys are sweet! THANK YOU for the kind thoughts. Medeia, I'll definitely be back! :)

Susan Fields said...

Have a great break, Dawn! I just came back from two months off and it really is so nice to be able to write without distractions, but I sure did miss everyone, too!

Kjersten said...

I'm wishing you a happy productive time, Dawn. And when you return maybe an added sense of balance. We are all rooting for you!

Samantha Bennett said...

Ah, happy writing Dawn! I really respect this decision. Create away!

Dawn Maria said...

Good for you Dawn. We all need to set boundries with our writing. All the best as you whip that WIP into shape!

Robert Guthrie said...

Recharging is HUGE. Good for you!

Meghan Ward said...

To blog or not to blog! That is ALWAYS my question. I love blogging, thrive on it, but it takes so much time away from my writing. And what is the point of a blog without a published book? (Well, at least that's my feeling. Many people may disagree.) Have a great holiday and see you in 2011.

Anita said...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Suma Subramaniam said...

@ Dawn,

Hope you have a good blog-cation. Happy New Year to you! I look forward to reading more of your posts this year round:-)

Best,
Suma.