Saturday, March 6, 2010

Monsters in the Pacific Northwest?!

Looking for something fun to do with the kids over Spring Break? Here's an idea! My friend Nina Hess, author of A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO MONSTERS, is going to be at the Skamania Lodge (Stevenson, WA) for a special event! It will take place on Saturday, March 27th, from 2:00-4:00. Here are the deets:

Bed & Book-fest - A Family Experience

Join award-winning children's author Nina Hess for a reception of milk and cookies at Skamania Lodge on Saturday, March 27th from 2:00-4:00 pm. Families and children will enjoy meeting Nina, author of The New York Times picture book best-seller, A Practical Guide to Monsters. This is a fully illustrated overview of all different kinds of fantasy monsters. In addition, children can participate in a Monster Making Workshop and design their own monster using a handout created by Ms. Hess.

Price - $15 per child for hotel guests, $20 for children not staying in the hotel. (Each child will go home with a signed copy of Ms. Hess's book
.)

I realize most of you aren't local, but is sounds like a great time for those who can make it!

10 comments:

Solvang Sherrie said...

I'd love to be in your area for spring break, although our vacation must start after yours. We're going to NC the first week of April -- yay!

Jemi Fraser said...

What a great idea! I hope lots and lots of people enjoy it :)

storyqueen said...

That sounds so cool! And I think I have to check out that book....


Shelley

Deb@RGRamblings said...

Sounds like an excellent spring break activity!

Nina said...

Yay! Thanks for posting this, Dawn! :)
Nina

Dawn Simon said...

Sherrie, have a blast in NC!

Jemi, I do, too! What a perfect event for kids/families!

Shelley, it is cool--I agree!

Hi, Deb! :)

Nina, it's my pleasure! I'm happy to share fun stuff!

Susan R. Mills said...

Sounds like fun. Too bad I live miles and miles away. If you here of anything fun going on in Kansas, will you let me know? :) By the way, I am finally getting around to carrying out my bald faced liar responsibilites.

Dawn Simon said...

Susan, I'll be sure to let you know. ;) Also, I look forward to reading your lies/truths.

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

Oh wow! How fun. Would love to be able to do something like that with the kids.

Dawn Simon said...

Hi, Carolina! I know--total kid fun!