I'd like to thank the people who followed agent Mark McVeigh's blog so I could win a Skype chat with him. Virtual hugs to all of you--that was really kind. I spoke with Mr. McVeigh last week and asked him my list of questions. He was super knowledgeable and helpful. I'd heard him speak in Seattle in 2006 and NYC in 2007--back in his editor days--and he'd impressed me; it was really cool to actually have a conversation and be allowed to pick his brain. So again, thank you. And a bonus for all of us who are following? His blog is informative and very much worth reading. Just today, he posted good news about Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Now on to some fun awards from bloggy friends!
Niki at Wool'n'Nuts gifted me with the Kreativ Blogger Award.
Thank you, Niki! Niki is a sweetheart, and her blog is a fun and cozy place. Go and follow her! :)
The rules say I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself. However, since she technically awarded it to Chester (the squirrel I've been feeding all winter), too, I feel I should start out telling you about him.
1. One of Chester's favorite foods is birdseed.
2. Chester's activity of choice is tormenting my dogs.
The rest will be about me:
3. I ran before I walked.
4. I saw myself as a writer by the time I was nine.
5. I think high school geometry is a frightening class, and I'm thankful I survived it.
6. My dad interviewed the first boy who asked me out (and I'm thankful I survived that, too).
7. My son says I should mention that I get sympathy pains when he or his sister gets hurt. However, I will neither confirm nor deny these allegations.
I'll pass this award to:
*Jemi Fraser at Just Jemi
*Robin Gaphni at thebooknosher
*Stephanie Haefner at The Writer's Cocoon
Deb at Ranch Girl Ramblings gave me an award that allows me to lie! How fun is that?! I'm not lying about the award, though. Here it is:
Thank you, Deb! Deb, by the way, is a crack up and an all around nice person, so definitely go to her blog if you haven't yet discovered her!
The award rules say I'm supposed to tell up to six outrageous lies about myself and at least one outrageous truth. I have to say I had a fun time coming up with lies, but I'm hoping you all still trust me after I tell a few stretchers. I'll give a hint by telling you five things on my list are lies and two are truths. Ready?
1. Just after making the cut for the 1984 U.S. Olympic team (equestrian), I fell off my horse and dislocated my shoulder. I was dropped from the team. Since the Olympics took place in L.A. that year and I lived in L.A. County, I was able to go and cheer on my friends.
2. My mom and a few friends met JFK. Even though he only talked to them for a few minutes, a photo of them together came out in a magazine about twenty years later.
3. When I was four, I modeled shoes for the Sears catalog. I did this for two months, but I got fired when I started throwing tantrums.
4. I performed in three parades at Disneyland.
5. My cousin Paul played a corpse on NCIS in 2008.
6. I have a bobblehead collection. Some of my favorites: Rodney Dangerfield (CADDYSHACK edition), the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese dinosaur, and thin Elvis.
7. They had to stop the escalator at Mall of America because my shoelace got caught.
I'll let you guess, and I'll reveal my truths in my next post. I'm just mysterious that way.
The people I'm passing this to:
*Susan R. Mills at A Walk in My Shoes
*Julie Dao at Silver Lining
*Tara Watson at Feel of Something New
It will be fun to see what they write!
The final blog award is the Over the Top Award. Niki at Wool'n'Nuts gave it to me. Thank you, Niki!
I told you she was a sweetheart. She really is--check out her blog if you haven't done it yet. I'll wait here.
Thanks for coming back! I think that's the award with the one word answers, but:
a. I'm not sure.
b. I've talked so much about myself in this post, I'm going to give you all a break and skip that part.
Now I get to share it with others! The envelopes, please...
*Marsha Sigman at Marsha's Musings
*Molly Hall at Writer Mama Dreamer
*Jon Paul at Where Sky Meets Ground
Congratulations, everyone! Have a great writing week! :)