Thursday, February 11, 2010

And the Winner Is...

Just so you know, my friend Debra and I had way too much fun with this. By the time I have my second blog contest, I may be less geeky and may not feel compelled to share every little thing with you. But don't count on it. My geekiness runs deep.

Debra acted as quality control for the "My-Followers-Rock-so-Someone's-Winning-an-Autographed-Copy-of-a-Book-that-Won-the-Printz" Contest. Here's a picture of her making sure all entries had the exact same surface area and, therefore, odds.




(She actually only measured one piece. She was just getting into her part.)


Debra mixed the names like an expert.





I asked her to lift the bowl above her son's head so he could draw one name.

The winner is...




MOLLY H
!


Congratulations, Molly! And look how excited Debra is for you!




Please email me with your mailing address ASAP so I can get your autographed copy of GOING BOVINE in the mail for you!

Everyone else, I'm sorry I don't have a copy of the book for each of you. I'm also sorry I don't have an agent--and a book deal--but that's beside the point.
What I'm really saying is, while there's only one winner in this contest, I appreciate each of you. Thanks for following! :)


16 comments:

Molly H said...

YAYYY!!!
THANK YOU!!!!
I am so so so happy!!! (huge, face-stretching smile!)

This just made my night!
Woo hoo!!!
I never win anything! Thanks a kabillion Dawn!

Lydia Sharp said...

Congrats, Molly!
Haha. That final pic of Debra is too cute. :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats to Molly - lucky you!

Wendy @ All in a Day's Thought said...

Awesome for Molly--enjoy!
~ Wendy

Deb@RGRamblings said...

Congrats Molly!!

Dawn Simon said...

Congrats, Molly! I'll get it in the mail!

You guys are all so sweet. Thanks for commenting. :)

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Woohooo!!! Congrats!

Julie Dao said...

Yay, congrats to Molly!!

Travener said...

Cool contest. Easy as pie!

Solvang Sherrie said...

Geeky is good -- welcome to the club :)

Molly H said...

Thanks for all the congrats, everyone! I agree about it being an easy contest, Travener, ; ) The best kind, in my opinion!

I am so excited to read the book. I will treasure it!

Also, I am totally and completely in the geeky club. Just in case anyone is starting one... : )

Dawn Simon said...

By the way, I still haven't read GOING BOVINE! I bought a copy for my kids, too, so I'll borrow theirs! I can't wait!

A geeky club...hee! ;)

Anissa said...

Congratulations, Molly! I was at Barnes and Noble today and totally spaced picking this one up. Grr. an't wait to read it!

Amy Tate said...

Congrats, Molly H!

Dawn Maria said...

I missed the contest, but I sure enjoyed reading about your time at the conference. It's great when you hit the right one at the right time.

Susan R. Mills said...

Congrats to Molly!