Thursday, October 29, 2009

A New Blog Award and the SCBWI Winter Conference

Many thanks to Deb over at Ranch Girl Ramblings for the Best Blog Award! If you haven't been to her blog yet, check it out. It's a fun place to visit!

Now for the rules:

1. To accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his/her blog link.

2. Pass the award to other bloggers that you have recently discovered and think are great! Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.


I'm passing it to these deserving bloggers:


Roni Griffin at Fiction Groupie

Susan R. Mills at A Walk in My Shoes

Sherrie Petersen at Write About Now

Jennifer Mann at Jen's Red Wagon

Caroline Starr Rose at Caroline by line

Abby Annis

Shelley Moore Thomas at Storyqueen's Storycastle

Shelli at Market My Words


For the children's writers out there, SCBWI has opened registration for the
SCBWI 2010 Winter Conference in New York City!

Guess. What. I'M GOING!


[insert one triple Lutz out of pure joy--ice not necessary]


I know we're not all writing kidlit, but here's a question for those of you who are: has anyone been to both the SCBWI Winter Conference in NYC and the SCBWI Summer Conference in LA? This will be my second Winter Conference, but I haven't made it to the one in LA yet. If you've been to both, I'd love to hear how one compares to the other.



And now in honor of Halloween, here is something scary for you to imagine:
what if there were no SCBWI? It's an SCBWI tribute that Kimberly Baker created for the 2009 SCBWI Western Washington regional conference. Click here...you'll be glad you did.

15 comments:

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Thanks chica! Congrats on receiving it yourself.

And how fun that you get to go to the conference. Hope you have a great time (and bring us back loads of information). :)

Jennifer Mann said...

Wow, this really is an honor. Thanks so much Dawn!
And...well, you know how I feel about the SCBWI conference..I'll let you know soon!

Susan R. Mills said...

Thanks, Dawn! I feel special. And jealous. I wish I was going to the conference, but no such luck. I look forward to living vicariously through you when you share what an amazing experience it was. :)

Shelli said...

LA is awesome and so worth the money.

Shelli said...

oops forgot to say - thanks for the award! :)

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Thanks, Dawn!

Corey Schwartz said...

Not going to NYC conference, but maybe I can come in and meet you for a Frap? (since it's both our favorite things)

Cindy said...

Congrats on the award. Have a great weekend!

Dawn Simon said...

Thanks, you guys, for the nice comments. :)

Corey, you love Dr. Seuss AND Frappuccinos? You clearly are a woman with fabulous taste! That would be fun!

Solvang Sherrie said...

I'm so jealous! I would love to go to the NY conference. I did go to L.A. and loved it. Someday I'll make it to NY. Have fun and blog about it lots!

Thanks for the award :)

Abby said...

Thanks so much! Very sweet of you! Have a great weekend!

storyqueen said...

Thank you for my award...I'd like to thank the Academy....uh, oops,, wrong speech.

If you could see me right now, I would look completely green, due to the whole jealousy thing.

NYC + SCBWI =....sigh.

Shelley

Jody Hedlund said...

Congrats on the awards!

Patti said...

congrats on the award and going to the conference. I wish I could join you.

Deb@RGRamblings said...

Yay! I was hoping you would make it to the conference in New York. Awesome!!