Wednesday, September 9, 2009

This and That

Blogging Class
I signed up for a blogging for writers class that's in October. Is that weird since I'm already blogging? It's just one day, and maybe I'll learn new ways to jazz things up and make my blog "an experience to remember", LOL. I bet I'll pick up some worthwhile stuff since I'm pretty new to the blogosphere.


SCBWI-WWA Meeting
Our first Professional Series Meeting for the 2009-2010 season was last night.
Elana Roth, an agent at the Caren Johnson Literary Agency, spoke to our group about Plot and Pacing. Her talk was great, and I left feeling energized.


COFFEEHOUSE ANGEL by Suzanne Selfors

I read it last week and loved it! Her stories are so unique and memorable, and her characters feel three-dimensional. She's a friend, but I'd be a fan even if I didn't know her. (When I posted about it before, I hadn't read it yet; I just knew it was out.)


Who says money can't buy happiness?

My hubby came home from Costco bearing gifts.


Love. That. Man.

6 comments:

Strange Fiction said...

Wow, classes, meetings, books and Costco treats--life's lookin' good!

The blogging class sounds like an excellent idea--let us know how it goes!

Cindy said...

Mmmm, Starbucks frappuccino drinks. Yummy! That blogging class sounds interesting. You'll have to share with us all if you learn something new and fun.

Lazy Writer said...

I'd love to hear what you learn at the blogging class. You'll definitely have to do a post about it.

Dawn VanderMeer said...

D.L., life IS looking good, isn't it? :)

Cindy, nice to know that you, too, appreciate the true yumminess of a Frappuccino. Hee! I was just at your blog and saw the nice gift you're giving away. If anyone is reading this and hasn't gone to Cindy's today, check it out.

Susan, I will do a post on it!

How fun that the three of you also think the class sounds interesting. :) The fact that it's specifically for writers is what sold me.

Dawn Maria said...

I hope you blog about the blogging class because I'd be very interested in what material is presented to you. I think there are people who are bloggers and those who are writers who blog (that's me). One isn't better than the other, but I think each approaches the medium from a different angle.

Dawn VanderMeer said...

Dawn, I think you're absolutely right. I'll try and gather helpful info!