Sunday, August 23, 2009

Good Housekeeping?

My hubby is great. I'm not just saying that because he's one of my followers. I really did marry a fabulous guy.

Here's a picture of my husband and me on our wedding day "oh so many" years ago. I'm sharing because I have a story that relates to my husband and my writing.

When my kids were still little guys, I could only write in small stretches of time, and not even every day. One night, my husband came home from work and said, "You wrote today." He was smiling and said it like it was a given.

He was right--I had written a fair amount that day. But how the heck did
he know? I asked him.

His answer: "There's a sparkle in your eye and laundry on the floor."


I loved that.

6 comments:

Lazy Writer said...

My husband can always tell when I've been writing all day because of the laundry on the floor, the dishes in the sink, etc. Very funny!

Dawn VanderMeer said...

Hee! Hee! There's only so much time in the day, you know? When I get old, I don't want to just be known as the lady who kept her house super clean her whole life. I guess I don't have to worry about that. ;)

FictionGroupie said...

That's a great story. I'm in the same boat. :) Dishes are stacked in the sink as I type this.

Dawn VanderMeer said...

Too funny! Glad we have our priorities straight!

Jody Hedlund said...

What a wonderful husband to be able to see the joy in your eyes after a productive writing day! My hubby can usually tell when I haven't written--I'm grouchy! :)

Dawn VanderMeer said...

Yeah, Jim is awesome. He couldn't possibly be more supportive, and he totally "gets it". Now that I'm used to getting writing time in each day, I get grouchy if I can't write too! I guess I got spoiled. ;)